Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Japanese Cheesecake, Interior Designer Cake and White & Red Cake


 This week has been quite a busy week and I haven't been able to take pictures of all the cakes I've done but here is a few.  One of the cakes was a Japanese Cheesecake, it may be known as Japanese Souffle Cheesecake or Japanese Cotton Cheesecake.  Whatever it's called it's a favorite amongst my family and friends. 
It's soft & creamy, less fat and less dense than the original American Cheesecake because its main ingredient is LOTS of egg whites, which also serves as a healthier choice!  

Another highlight, the cake is topped with whipped cream that is specially sweetened with a Logan flavored Honey, absolutely amazing with the cheesecake.


 My friends & I can finish one 8 inch in one sitting, I can possibly do that myself with a awesome pot of hot Dragonwell Tea or some soothing green tea!  MmmMm!
It took me a long time to find a good recipe and after like 40 pounds of cream cheese used in the process of finding the perfect recipe for myself...I finally got it! There is so many recipes out there and many had produce a very dense type of cheesecake that can make someone say "oh, nothing special about it" but I finally made one that can live up to it's name Cotton...Souffle, so soft and moist a perfect marriage of  cheesecake & sponge cake.

 This cake was requested by a awesome guy for his girlfriend.  Chocolate cake with whipped dark chocolate ganache, definitely for a chocolate lover!  When he first contacted me to make the cake, he also sent me the sketches he drew as an idea for how he wanted the cake, I was actually pretty amazed at how well he can draw, but mainly I admire people who is prepared...ready and knows what they want.   Although I didn't really go with his design, I took the main ideas and make it the way I envisioned it.  I mean I always have to put their budget in mind and design it the best I could within that limit. ^^
So there you have it!  Happy Birthday Miki! - a mickey/minnie mouse lover and a interior design student with a love for red and black. I think I have a talent for interior designing, dont you think? hahaha   


 

Here is the other cake, a 3-tiered cake...white with red floral designs and a pretty bow with spiral curls.  After changing his mind 3-4 times, the birthday boy finally decided to settle on this style cake.  He had his friend send me a picture of this design from another cake decorator and hoping I can reproduce, so I cant take credit for this design.  Although we changed red ribbons around each base with white bead border instead and added the bow topper too.  


1 comment: