Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Cute Nerdy Chocolate Chip Cookies



Today I woke up super early to put my preschooler, E, on the school bus to school.  Yay! maybe another hour or so of sleep before my 9mo. old, C, wakes up. 
*cell phone rings*
-"美姐姐! Where are you? I have work, I'm bringing K over!"
-"mMm" I think I'm dreaming.....
*ding dong*
*yawn* sighs
This is too early in the morning,"I'm going back to bed, go play!"
- "but,美姐姐, I'm bored, let's bake!!!!
Sighs...okayyy, lets go!
K, happens to be my little baby cousin, yes cousin, around the same age as my daughter, E.  gasps
She happens to be a huge fan of Nerdy Nummies, a hobbyist baker/DIYer on Youtube. 
So today we decided to make the Nerdy Nummies' Smart Cookie Logo, which happens to be a cute chocolate chip with nerdy glasses. Adorable!
The cookies were delicious.  The big boys say it tasted just like the soft cookies you get at McDonalds or Subways...errr, these should be much better! Duh! Look at the cuteness and its homemade!  
If you like chewy chocolate chip cookies with a bit of crisp on the edges, these are going to be your kinda cookies!! My new favorite!
  
 The scaling of the cookies & glasses are a little bit off, super cute nonetheless. 
Cut her some slack, I mean the kid made it! (with my help)
You can get the Smart Cookie Design Template --> here 
THINGS YOU WILL NEED:
- black cookie icing
- white cookie icing
We actually used Dark Chocolate Melts dyed with black candy coloring (because we didn't have Black Candy Melts) and Pink Candy Melts that was all bought from MICHAELS craft store.

Chocolate Chip Cookies:
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
12oz of chocolate chips (I think 9-10oz be better)
1 cup butter/ 2 sticks
1 tsp vanilla extract 
- extra chocolate chips on the side for decor
- here is the link to the Nerdy Nummies video if you need visual instructions  
- Preheat oven to 350F 
1. Print out template to put under a piece of wax paper/parchment to help guide your piping, or do it free handed. Use black icing to pipe the frame of glasses and let it air dry 4-5 hours (that's why I used black chocolate melts, mines set in less than 20 minutes)
2. Put butter, vanilla, white and brown sugar in mixer bowl and cream.
3. Add in eggs, combine
4. Add in the flour, salt and baking soda slowly until combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chip cookies.
6. The dough is kinda sticky so I stuffed it in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes and tried scooping it in about 1 tablespoon sizes.
7. Bake at 350F for about 12-15 minutes (my oven tends to take longer) or until golden brown! WHILE IT'S HOT start putting on the extra chocolate chips on the cookies, refer to template to see where to place, leave space for the glasses! But remember to cool the cookies first.
8. When cookies cool, time to put on the glasses! 
9.  After the glasses are in place, user the black cookie icing or black candy melts and pipe the eyes and the smiles.  then use pink for the cheeks.  refer to stencil again for guidance.

I loved anything cute so these cookies just made my day.
It's also just in time for Father's Day! It's this Friday the 13th! We did some cookies with sunglasses too and with different facial expression.  Each and every cookie is different and special just like our daddies, right?
We had a blast today.
However, I still want some sweet revenge and some more fun with the girls since I was awaken so early.  
The baby had kept me up all night, so me super tired.
Time for Chocolate Mustaches! Hahaha!
E is so restless and kept moving as I was drawing on her, hence the super perky mustache.
And K kept giggling and smiling, cant draw well


Melting Mustaches, but melts our heart at the same time.
 
Today is just a cuteness overload day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment