Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spinach - Green Monster Smoothie, 3D Chihuahua Cake, Sanji 海贼王 Cake, Trafalgar Law 海贼王 Cake


Hello Helloooo! Wow, seems like a while since I posted, I have been busy with cake orders as you seen from my last posts. You may think it's just a few cakes but to me as a stay home mom with a non-stop 2 year old, it's very difficult to make just a "few" cakes because I'm just one person who have to do the prep work, baking, icing, stacking and decorating while I have to cook 3 meals, do chores, take care of a baby, all at the same time.  So to finish all the cakes in time I pull another one of my amazing All-Nighters, this time its 3 days and 3 nights without sleep...well I did take a 2 hour nap, but still tired plus I had my period so extra extra T-I-R-E-D!!!  Mostly I recover after a good uninterrupted 6 - 8 hour sleep, however, my little one caught a little bug on her day out to the park so she was vomiting all night so that's 4 nights with no sleep! I finally got REAL sick, so sick I cant get out of bed for 2 days! I never had that before because whenever I'm sick I still run a normal life,that's how sick I was.

Feeling very weak I asked, actually I begged, my husband to watch baby so I can get to bed early, he unwillingly agreed.  I woke up for a bathroom break only to find him with his eyes glued to the TV screen and our gorgeous baby girl sitting on top of the kitchen table in which she climb up to reach for a box of chocolate on top of the fridge which, I had thought, is out of her reach!  I nearly burst to tears with anger because I was just so tired and for the rest of the night she is literally bouncing off the walls!!!!!! There goes 5 days with less than 4-5 hours of sleep. 

Now after almost 2 weeks I'm slowly recovering from being sick and very tired.  Baby and I need something very healthy and yet taste good, so I took out this recipe I had since last Halloween of this healthy drink that is lovable even by the little ones!!  I think it's the name that got me...lol
I was a little hesitant when I read that one of the ingredients is Spinach...I was like eww, blended spinach?!
if that original blogger didnt swear that even little ones will drink it and that it's healthy, which we really need, I wont even try it.
I mean, every mom probably go through with one of the kids being a picky eater or even if not a picky eater, we always worried about the kids not getting all the veggies and fruits needs for the day...now as summer is coming, they get the nutrients and able to quench their thirst?! bring on the blenders!!!!!!!

Note: There is green smoothies made with different greens such as kale or chard, and all sorts of combinations of fruits.  The person played around with various combinations and this is her favorite version.

Green Monster Smoothies
Yield: 2-3 servings
Ingredients:
1 banana (frozen or not), cut into chunks
1 cup chopped frozen pineapple
1 pear, coarsely chopped
1½ cups orange juice (In my opinion, I'll add more next time since I actually like it more liquidy)
2½ cups baby spinach leaves, rinsed and dried, I'd put less the first time
1-2 tbsp. honey  (it was pretty sweet from the orange juice and fruits already but add to your taste)
3 tbsp. ground flaxseed (optional, I recommend only put in for adults)
Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until completely smooth.  Taste and adjust sweetness with additional honey, if desired.  Serve immediately.

Try it with apples, strawberries, mangoes or even carrots! There is so many options you can play with!!

Cheers to good health!!!!! EnJOy!
Continue down for pictures of this week's cakes I've made!


 This is a 3D Chihuahua Cake with white suit and red bowtie! I made it for a guy who ordered it for his friend's birthday, it was a very rushed order since it was made at the last minute and I think I'll need to work on it's ears, I was laughing as I put it on, looks like elf ears! hahaha.  This was my 2nd carved dog cake...Look at my first 3D dog cake which was made like errr...around Christmas? hence the Christmas tree : )
 



                      *       *       *



Here is another cake from this week, a 海贼王 Cake with a sugar Sanji topper.  I have no idea what the anime is called in English.  To tell you the truth I never saw it before, though I need to watch it since there is a lot of inquiries about 海贼王 themed cakes.  I actually made another 海贼王 cake last year, a Trafalgar Law Cake, I'm guessing that's another character in that anime, all I know is that they are all pirates that are outlaws or something.  :)
 




No comments:

Post a Comment